ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Hatfield Elementary School
Below you will find procedures for our arrival and dismissal for car riders. Please keep in mind the following procedures:
• Our school start time is 7:40 am. Students should be in their seats and ready for instruction at 7:40 am.
• After 7:40, all students must enter the school through the front office. Students will then pick up a tardy pass and proceed to class.
• For your child’s safety, no students are allowed to be at school before 7:20 am, unsupervised.
• Ride Changes must be requested prior to 2:00 pm.
• All car riders will load and unload at the front of the school.
• There will be no early dismissals after 2:30 pm. This is due to an increase in the amount of traffic.
• The doors will be open at 7:20 am and breakfast is served from 7:20 – 7:35 am.
• All students will be allowed to walk to class starting at 7:20 am.
• Students need to arrive early so they can be in class at 7:40 am.
• Cars will approach cones 1-6, please do not let students exit until you are safely at a cone. Once at a cone a staff member will open the back passenger side door. Students exiting at cones 1 and 2 will enter through the front doors of the school building. Students exiting at cones 3 and 4 will enter through the door labeled “Entrance Cones 3 and 4.” Students exiting at cones 5 and 6 will enter through the door labeled “Entrance Cones 5 and 6.”
• Please have your car visor identification sign easily visible for staff to see.
• Each child will receive a car visor identification sign at “Meet the Teacher Night” that details the child's name and grade.
• Please fill out with a black sharpie. This sign must be visible on the car mirror as you pull into the loading zones. Visibility of the sign will assist us in providing a safe, smooth, and efficient process.
• For safety and consistency, cars will form a line by entering the parking lot from Texan Drive, proceeding alongside the building towards the playground, and making the loop to enter the car pick up line.
Change in Transportation:
To make a permanent change to your child’s usual afternoon transportation arrangement (e.g., from bus rider to car rider), please send a written note to the homeroom teacher.
To make a one-time-only change to your child’s usual afternoon transportation arrangement, notify the front office at 817-215-0350 or email@example.com by 2:00 pm. No dismissal changes will be accepted after 2:00 pm. If you are checking your child out of school early, please check him/her out before 2:30 pm. No early dismissals after 2:30 pm. Thank you for your help in following these procedures so we can provide a safe environment for all children.